Now through August,the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience (NOWFE) has announced that it will be hosting several wine dinners.
"While we were all disappointed that NOWFE was postponed this year, we celebrate the reopening of our beloved restaurants and look forward to gathering together—with all socially distant protocols, of course," Aimee Brown, NOWFE executive director, said.
Participating restaurants include Broussard's Restaurant & Courtyard, Palace Café, GW Fins, Briquette, La Petite Grocery, Tommy's Cuisine, the Rib Room, and Café Reconcile. More restaurants will be announced and added in September.
Restaurants have instilled safety precautions to keep all visitors safe while dining.
"We hope these dinners will encourage diners to support our local economy and offer a sense of normalcy as we move into the next phases of reopening," said Brown.
NOWFE SUMMER WINE DINNER SERIES:
- Wednesday, July 22: Broussard's Restaurant & Courtyard
featuring The Prisoner Wine Company (Reservations: 504-581-3866)
- Wednesday, August 5: Palace
Café featuring Wines of Champagne and Burgundy (Reservations: 504-523-1661)
- Tuesday, August 11: GW
Fins featuring Cakebread Cellars (Reservations: 504-581-3467)
- Wednesday, August 19: Briquette featuring Ruffino Italian
Wines (Reservations: 504-302-7496)
- Wednesday, August 19 - La Petite Grocery featuring
Duckhorn Vineyards (Reservations: 504-891-3377)
- Wednesday, August 26: Tommy's Cuisine featuring Belle Glos
and Quilt Wines (Reservations: 504-581-1103)
- Thursday, September 17: Rib Room featuring Flambeaux Wine
- Wednesday, September 23: Café Reconcile featuring Hendrick's Gin (Reservations: 504-934-1946)
NOWFE is a nonprofit organization with proceeds going towards causes that support culinary education. The organization has raised over $1.5 million for local nonprofit organizations.