New Orleans News
The largest gaming and entertainment company in the country, Caesars Entertainment, has bagged a massive deal with Spiegelworld, a leading entertainment production company based in Las......
New Orleans Events
With the recent trials and tribulations brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and Hurricane Ida, New Orleans has been feeling the wrong kind of......
$20 and Under
Are you the type of person who will gladly eat the gratis portion cup of slaw, even after it's warm from sitting next to a pile of hot Raising Cane's chicken fingers? Is pulled pork, smoked......
New Orleans Photos
Ten years ago, I interviewed Gojira's vocalist and rhythm guitarist Joe Duplantier in a tour bus parked in front of The Hangar. Since that time, the band has crossed over from metal......
Arts Council New Orleans is announcing its first open call since 2016—the "Art of the Black Experience: A Call for Artwork for the City of New Orleans' Percent for Art Collection."......
$20 and Under
Are you the type of person who will gladly eat the gratis portion cup of slaw, even after it's warm from sitting next to a pile of hot Raising Cane's chicken fingers? Is pulled pork, smoked low 'n' slow, just not complete without a cool, tangy pile of shredded cabbage as a counterbalance? Do you trust to fate when attending a family barbecue,...
If you're from pretty much anywhere in the South, you may have grown up eating okra. This slimy, tubular fruit-impersonating-a-vegetable has found its way into edible classics ranging from gumbo to Bloody Marys, in preparations that run the gamut from pickled to fried. The okra plant is similar to cotton and, as such, it thrives in warmer...
There's a dizzying amount of food news happening in the Greater New Orleans Area, and now that this column is only quarterly, there'll be even more excellent foodstuffs in town before this article is published, not to mention what I couldn't cover here. I'll just keep on keepin' on and do my damnedest to bring you all the news that's fit to...
More From NOLA Life
- Po-Boy Views: Objective Reality or Negative Capability
- Tales from the Quarter: Proud to Serve
- Where Y’at Magazine Wins Three 1st Place Excellence in Journalism Awards
- New National Fried Chicken Festival Week to Take Place October 18-24
- Po-Boy Views: Sole Search or Shoe Whore
- Tales from the Quarter: Returning Home
New Orleans Perspectives
August 8th, The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival had to make the difficult decision to cancel the October Jazz Fest. I believe this was a wise move but painful for so many. Jazz Fest generates approximately $400 million dollars for our economy in New Orleans. And there is...
New Orleans News
The largest gaming and entertainment company in the country, Caesars Entertainment, has bagged a massive deal with Spiegelworld, a leading entertainment production company based in Las Vegas. Both entertainment heavyweights are investing almost $75 million to create three new live entertainment experiences at Caesars resorts in New Orleans, Las Vegas, and Atlantic City. By the fourth quarter of 2022, both companies' union will...
Arts Council New Orleans is announcing its first open call since 2016—the "Art of the Black Experience: A Call for Artwork for the City of New Orleans' Percent for Art Collection." If you have been living in the city long enough, you know that it is filled with art! And a lot of you reading this are probably artists, too. Art of the Black Experience is looking to place the contributions of Black people at the forefront, who will...
More From Entertainment
- Film Review: The Many Saints of Newark
- Streaming Just Got Better This Fall: Here’s What’s New to Watch
- Sound of Cinema: Jon Vogl and the Art of Sound Design
- The Nightstream Film Fest’s Horror Program Is Announced
- Rock Music Legends Return to New Orleans
- 32nd Annual New Orleans Film Festival Announces Its Competition Lineup
- Film Review: Malignant
- Come Together & Feel the Music: NOLAxNOLA Lineup Announced
- Film Review: Cry Macho
- Brand New Irma Thomas Documentary to Air on WYES in October
- New Orleans Film Festival Plans Hybrid 2021 Fest
- Film Review: Fauci
- Funky Uncle is Working to Help Musicians & Gig Workers During This Difficult Time
In 2005, Christopher Nolan changed the landscape of franchise films with his dark, gritty Batman Begins. A similarly dark and gritty reboot of James Bond followed with 2006's Casino Royale. I thoroughly enjoyed both Nolan's Batman trilogy and Casino Royale. They're excellent...
New Orleans Music News
Fellow New Orleanians, get ready to ring in the new year on December 31 at the Hyatt Regency on Loyola Avenue! This Big Night New Orleans New Year's Eve celebration will undoubtedly be filled with dancing and dining. You already know the hottest DJs will be in attendance, along with other live music entertainment. Featuring multiple party rooms, dance floors, casino games, and an abundance of food and drinks, you will surely go...
David: Investigative reporter Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) and his alien symbiote, Venom, are back at bickering about eating brains and fighting villains in Venom: Let There Be Carnage, the sequel to the 2018 Marvel movie, Venom. This time, Brock/Venom are up against a death row serial killer, Cletus Kasady (Woody Harrelson), who, after biting Eddie and drawing blood, also becomes a host to a super powered symbiote. I...
Around the Web
News Around the Web
The fall is already exuding the spirit of giving. A lot is going on in the city, and what it has to offer is sure to ease everyone's minds. PJ's Coffee of New Orleans is partnering with Ochsner Health and Ochsner Cancer Institute's "All In Against Cancer" initiative to raise money for medical treatment and new cancer therapies and...
News Around the Web
According to Roasty Coffee, New Orleans ranks as America's 9th most caffeinated city. You're probably tweaking off your double shots of espresso right now just reading this—and that's ok! It's most likely part of your morning routine to make your own cup of coffee or grab one from your local coffee shop. Many of you are college...
News Around the Web
With Mardi Gras, our fantastic nightlife, and some of the best festivals around, The Big Easy is home to some of the best parties in the world! According to a study by 888poker, New Orleans is ranked the 2nd best party city on Earth with a party score of 6.12 out of 10. The 888poker's research delved into a number of different...
- NOLA Named One of the Top American Cities for Burger Lovers
- Sportsman’s Paradise Isn't So Happy, According to Study
- September is Bourbon Heritage Month!
- Visit Baton Rouge Launches Mobile Passport to Encourage Exploration in La’s Capital
- New Orleans is the 10th Most Pet Friendly City in the U.S.
- An Adventure in Every Bite: New Girl Scout Cookie Joins Lineup for 2022 Season
- New Orleans Voted 5th Most Photographed Celebrity Neighborhoods
- “Two” Good to be True: Get Two FREE Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with Proof of Vaccination!
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience Voted 4th Best Wine Festival in the U.S.
- Louisiana’s Economic Impact Goes Live: Report Publishes Importance of Live Music
- NOLA Female Motorcycle Gang Inspires Rihanna’s Newest Lingerie
- If You’re a Sagittarius, New Orleans is The Place to Be!
- New Orleans Ranked 7th Best City in the World for Travel & Airbnb Quality
- Study Names Orleans Parish with the Least Equitable School Districts in Louisiana
- Bay Area Bars to Require Proof of Vaccination
- New Orleans Voted 10th Best City for Hipsters
- Baton Rouge in Top 10 Best Cities for Work from Home Value
What’s Cooking Vignette 10-18-21
Sports & Fitness
- Running For a Cause: Big Easy Big Heart 5K on July 17
- NOLA has Wiiings: Redesigning the Basketball Scene in New Orleans
- Brees vs. Brady, Round 3: The Predestined Playoff Showdown
- Tulane to Play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 22
- Five Spots to Watch the Saints Play the Eagles This Weekend
- Study Shows Less People Will Go to the Gym in 2021
- Rivalry Week: Saints and LSU Ready to Battle Familiar Foes
- Responsibly Hit the Slopes in Big Sky
- Taysom Time! Saints and Tigers Prepare for Thanksgiving Road Trips
- NOAC’s 113th Annual Turkey Trot Goes Virtual
- First Tee Ladies Raise Over $15,000 for Local Female Youth
- Pedal to the Metal: New Orleans Aiming to Extend Winning Streak to Six Against San Francisco