Health and Wellness
There's a CBD that is rapidly becoming popular in New Orleans and we aren't talking about the City Business District. Scientifically known as cannabidiol, CBD is one of the important active......
News Around the Web
It all started 400 years ago with a barrel of moonshine. George Thorpe filtered the first ever batch of corn whiskey in Virginia all those years ago, and the tradition was carried......
While New Orleanians have been disappointed to hear that many fall festivals have been canceled, the New Orleans Film Festival plans to move forward with a hybrid format from Nov.......
Entertainment and Activities
If your experience in nature in the Baton Rouge region has been limited to walking around the Louisiana State University campus, and perhaps the area around the State Capitol building,......
New Orleans News
The Rotary Club of New Orleans is co-sponsoring a hot meal and relief supplies giveaway and is need of volunteers to help them. The giveaway is this Sunday, September 19, at Chung's......
First, Looking for a dessert that's truly decadent for your next special occasion? Then order the famous Baked Alaska at Antoine's Restaurant in the French Quarter, and enjoy the buttery pound cake shell, vanilla ice cream core, and delicate meringue crust. 713 St. Louis St., 504-581-4422, antoines.com. Image Courtesy of Windowsill...
New Orleans Cocktail and Spirits
Calling all wine
lovers! National Red Wine Day is right around the corner on August 28 and it's
the perfect excuse to treat yourself to the best wine glasses around town.
Orleans Grapevine Since 1808, Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar & Bistro has been keeping it classy and serving some of the best fine wine around. With...
All New Orleanians know that you can never go wrong with Chicken and Waffles. This classic New Orleans staple is loved by tourists coming to experience Southern cuisine, as well as locals looking for a mouthwatering breakfast. The beloved fluffy breakfast should be celebrated all day long for National Waffle Day. On August 24, check...
More From NOLA Life
- Cox & Delgado Announce 3rd Annual Small Business Growth Academy
- Rags to Riches: Hotel Saint Vincent
- Prospect New Orleans Announces New Exhibition Dates in Wake of Hurricane Ida
- A Day in the Life (or a Year and Some Change): A 9/11 Retrospective
- If You Lost Your Pet Because of Ida, the Louisiana SPCA May Have It
- 20th Anniversary Memories of 9/11 as a Social Worker
- Ida Recovery
- “Where's David, Mommy?” - 16th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina Reflection
New Orleans News
The Rotary Club of New Orleans is co-sponsoring a hot meal and relief supplies giveaway and is need of volunteers to help them. The giveaway is this Sunday, September 19, at Chung's Heavenly Café, located at 607 Belle Terre Blvd. in LaPlace, LA. The club is asking for 10...
After a decade, sandwiched between bars, jazz clubs, and the wild energy of the 600 block of Frenchmen Street, the Frenchmen Artist's Market is moving…one block away! New Orleans is known, worldwide, as a city of the arts. We are the place that you come to fill your soul with swirling colors of paint and music. The Frenchmen Artist's Market represents the best of us: a place where you can meet artists, enjoy the final products of...
Back when I was in high school and just starting to learn the ropes of guitar playing, me and my Uptown/Carrollton area buddies used to play at open mike opportunities at the old Penny Post Cafe on Danneel Street. Once, when David, Scott and, I ventured towards Fat City where we also sometimes went and we had snuck into the old Augie's Delago Bar in Bucktown of New Orleans located in a three story building dockside on Lake...
More From Entertainment
- Drummer Sonny Emory On Funk And Groove
- LGBTQ Film By Local NOLA Director to Premiere This Friday at Broad Theater
- Louisiana Film Prize 2021 Announces Top 20 Films & Filmmakers
- Cult Hit The Room to Screen at Joy Theater in November
- Film Review: Don't Breathe 2
- Film Review: Cryptozoo
- Film Review: Free Guy
- Willie Nelson and Family Coming to Saenger Theater November 16
- Film Review: The Suicide Squad
- Film Review: Swan Song
- They’re Back! Local Movie Theaters Are Alive and Well (Mostly)
- Film Review: The Green Knight
- Film Review: Jungle Cruise
While New Orleanians have been disappointed to hear that many fall festivals have been canceled, the New Orleans Film Festival plans to move forward with a hybrid format from Nov. 5-21. For the first time in the festival's 32-year history, live events will be spaced out...
National Geographic Films presents Fauci, a documentary on Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the top infectious disease specialists on the current COVID-19 pandemic. Is it pro Fauci? Yes, it is, and filmmakers Janet Tobias and John Hoffman make a sound argument that their subject is a genuinely good man. Not surprisingly, the documentary gives us a quick run through of Fauci's background and personal life, like a funny anecdote about how...
New Orleans Music News
During the COVID-19 pandemic, and now damage and recovery from Hurricane Ida, musicians and gig workers have been hit particularly hard because of the absence of live music. The Funky Uncle is looking to change that. The Funky Uncle has been producing weekly music shows that directly benefit the music cultural bearers that call New Orleans home. In fact, The Funky Uncle has already granted almost $500,000 to almost 600 musicians...
Around the Web
News Around the Web
It all started 400 years ago with a barrel of moonshine. George Thorpe filtered the first ever batch of corn whiskey in Virginia all those years ago, and the tradition was carried on by George Washington distilling and operating the largest whiskey distillery in Virginia. However, some say that Elijah Craig is known as the father of...
News Around the Web
Visit Baton Rouge, which is the official tourism organizations for the capital of Louisiana, launched a new free program, called Friends Trip Pass, to encourage locals and tourists to get out and explore Baton Rouge. To accomplish this, Visit Baton Rouge is working with local establishments, such as restaurants, retailers, curated...
News Around the Web
To animal lovers, pets are family. 85 million households in the U.S. have pets and naturally want to provide their furry friends with the best living environment possible. WalletHub ranked the pet-friendliness of 100 U.S. cities based on the quality of life available for household pets, and New Orleans landed at number 10! Of course,...
- An Adventure in Every Bite: New Girl Scout Cookie Joins Lineup for 2022 Season
- New Orleans Voted 5th Most Photographed Celebrity Neighborhoods
- “Two” Good to be True: Get Two FREE Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with Proof of Vaccination!
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience Voted 4th Best Wine Festival in the U.S.
- Louisiana’s Economic Impact Goes Live: Report Publishes Importance of Live Music
- NOLA Female Motorcycle Gang Inspires Rihanna’s Newest Lingerie
- If You’re a Sagittarius, New Orleans is The Place to Be!
- New Orleans Ranked 7th Best City in the World for Travel & Airbnb Quality
- Study Names Orleans Parish with the Least Equitable School Districts in Louisiana
- Bay Area Bars to Require Proof of Vaccination
- New Orleans Voted 10th Best City for Hipsters
- Baton Rouge in Top 10 Best Cities for Work from Home Value
- New Orleans Rated Number 5 Best Food City for Couples…What?
- New Orleans Ranked 10th Best City for Recreation
- New Orleans Named One of the Best Cities to Celebrate July 4
- New Orleans Ranked Top 10 Summer Hot Spot, Obviously
- Louisiana Named 3rd Best State for a Summer Road Trip
What’s Cooking Vignette 9/20/21
Sports & Fitness
- Running For a Cause: Big Easy Big Heart 5K on July 17
- NOLA has Wiiings: Redesigning the Basketball Scene in New Orleans
- Brees vs. Brady, Round 3: The Predestined Playoff Showdown
- Tulane to Play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on December 22
- Five Spots to Watch the Saints Play the Eagles This Weekend
- Study Shows Less People Will Go to the Gym in 2021
- Rivalry Week: Saints and LSU Ready to Battle Familiar Foes
- Responsibly Hit the Slopes in Big Sky
- Taysom Time! Saints and Tigers Prepare for Thanksgiving Road Trips
- NOAC’s 113th Annual Turkey Trot Goes Virtual
- First Tee Ladies Raise Over $15,000 for Local Female Youth
- Pedal to the Metal: New Orleans Aiming to Extend Winning Streak to Six Against San Francisco