Now holidays are over and everyone is dead inside from all the preparing, cooking, wrapping, baking, drinking, family dinner table conversations, etc, there's no way I'm putting much effort into making food for a hot minute. It's time for something quick and easy – like me. Normally at this point in the year that would be a stew or something comparably warm and cozy, but it's hot as hell here and pretty much everywhere else in the entire Eastern seaboard. So...potato salad? Sure, why not! If I'm going to watch the effects of global climate change wash away civilization, I'm going to do it with a mouth full of potatoes.
Check out the recipe below and feel free to send me some of your own style of potato salad, because it's all I'm craving right now.
Buffalo-Style Potato Salad
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1/3 c Crystal hot sauce or other comparable, mild and vinegary hot sauce (something like Tabasco will probably be too spicy)
- 1/4 c blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 c blue cheese crumbles
- 4 stalks celery, green leafy tops included, chopped
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped, optional
- Shortcut number one: I used a microwave, don't tell anyone. Prick potatoes with a skewer and microwave on high for about 8 minutes, until a fork is easily inserted and comes out clean. You will probably need to do two batches unless you have an insanely large microwave, as you don't want to overcrowd them. Set aside potatoes to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hot sauce and blue cheese dressing. Once potatoes are cooled, cut them into quarters and add to the bowl, giving everything a good toss.
- Mix in the blue cheese crumbles and chopped celery, as well as the parsley if desired.
- Refrigerate for half an hour before serving. Will keep good in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week.